We are pleased to announce the third edition of the Next Generation Space VLBI workshop (ngSVLBI-2022) which will be co-hosted by JIVE and ASTRON in Dwingeloo, The Netherlands, 17-19 October 2022. This workshop will continue the sequence originated in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, in September 2018 followed by a meeting in Charlottesville, VA, USA, in January 2020.
The ngSVLBI-2022 workshop will focus on the future of high-resolution radio interferometry in Space as a natural space-borne extension of advanced existing and prospective Earth-based facilities (Global VLBI, EHT and ngEHT, LOFAR) and Space VLBI missions VSOP and RadioAstron. The workshop will address the topics of SVLBI mission concepts and supporting technology developments aiming at achieving the highest angular resolution observations in all domains of the radio spectrum, from megahertz to terahertz. The program will highlight recent scientific and technological developments laying the foundation for future space-based very long baseline interferometry. In particular, the program will include the following topics:
- Multi-disciplinary science applications at extremely high angular resolutions
- o mm/sub-mm domain
- o cm/dm domain
- o ultra-long-wavelength interferometers
- Space-borne antennas for high-resolution interferometers
- Analogue instrumentation for ngSVLBI
- Digital SVLBI instrumentation, data handling and processing
- Heterodyning and synchronization
- Orbital dynamics and uv-plane coverage optimisation
- Baseline state vector determination
- Mission concepts, incl. "Space-Earth" and "Space-only" configurations
The program of the workshop will consist of invited (oral) and contributed (oral and poster) presentations. We will strive to achieve in the workshop's program as a wide diversity of presenters as possible.